If you have an interest in filmmaking and/or human rights issues this is the perfect chance to get involved in a community-based nonprofit organization. It is an opportunity to not only gain experience in film festival planning and behind the scenes action, but also to see many documentaries that are rarely seen elsewhere in the US. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to meet and talk with filmmakers!
To thank you for your help, you will receive a complimentary UNAFF film festival pass (includes all the screenings and events for 11 days) for you and a guest and a UNAFF T-shirt. This is your chance to make a difference for your community and increase your own awareness about human rights issues that affect people globally.
1. FUNDRAISING Campaign – Fundraising interns/volunteers will identify and contact potential donors. Prior fundraising experience is a plus, but not required. (As a nonprofit organization, we generate funding through individual donations, various grants, foundations, local community organizations and corporations.)
2. SPONSORSHIP Campaign – Sponsorship interns/volunteers will identify and contact organizations via e-mails and phone calls using an already prepared sponsorship letter. This is different from fundraising in that sponsors have a greater commitment (more of a partnership) with UNAFF based on their contribution level. Good communication skills are essential.
3. PUBLICITY Campaign – Marketing interns/volunteers will be directly involved in generating publicity for the festival through the media (online, print, radio and TV). Involvement will include assisting in development of press releases and press kits, as well as other marketing materials. Good organizational and communication skills are essential.
4. OUTREACH Campaign – help with FB, twitter and online outreach in the community and film industry
5. FESTIVAL Logistics – Event interns/volunteers will help with promotional festival events, ticket selling/taking, transport, coordinating sessions, selling T-shirts, making sure the bookstores and ticket office have brochures, setting up food, picking up and escorting filmmakers, mailing, building and maintaining our database, etc.—all the myriad tasks required to make this a smooth-running festival.
6. SPECIAL SCREENINGS Outreach - matching, informing and connecting community organizations and educational institutions with the guests filmmakers and the screenings of their films, preparing publicity materials and communicating with the press, working on the UNAFF social network presence.
You can apply for intern/volunteer position not only for our UNAFF in October but also for year-round UNAFF Programs. If you are interested, please send your short bio/cv to email@example.com or call (650) 724-5544.