SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN for the 20th UNAFF, which runs from October 19-29, 2017 in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, San Francisco and Stanford University.
UNAFF celebrates the power of international documentary films dealing with human rights, the environment, refugees, famine, homelessness, racism, disease control, women's issues, children, universal education, war and peace.
This year’s theme RESPECT continues the ongoing celebration of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and focuses on various aspects of the Sustainable Development Goals.
• Documentaries only
• No production year limit - but no films that are available online for free
• No runtime limit - UNAFF accepts both shorts and longs
• Rough-cuts or works-in-progress accepted, but please submit as close to the final cut as possible. UNAFF cannot accept updated versions of a film less than 10 days before the start of the festival.
• Preferred submission format: DVD (NTSC/PAL) or Blu-Ray region 0 or 1
• Alternate submission format: Download-enabled online link with a password having an expiration date extending through July 31, 2017
• $30 for films up to 30 min. (late deadline $40)
• $40 for films longer than 30 min. (late deadline is $50)
Please send a check or money order payable to UNAFF or use the PayPal link below (please enter email@example.com):
|CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM (Adobe PDF format)|
• Early Deadline – May 7, 2017*
• Regular Deadline – May 17, 2017*
• Late deadline – May 27, 2017*
MAILING ADDRESS: Please submit screener and payment (if paying via check or money order) to:
520 Galvez Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-3084
AWARDS include a CASH prize
• UNAFF Grand Jury Award for Best Documentary $2000
• UNAFF Grand Jury Award for Best Short Documentary $1000
• UNAFF/Stanford Video Award for Cinematography $500
• UNAFF/Stanford Video Award for Editing $500
• UNAFF Youth Vision Award $500
UNAFF provides filmmakers with pass credentials, guest festival passes and some assistance with lodging and airfare. In addition to screenings, UNAFF provides filmmakers the opportunity to present their work through panel discussions and Q&As and to meet distributors and leaders of community organizations.
Questions or comments: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650) 724-5544